Saturday, December 12, 2009

Business in the front, party in the back



I don't know why Elena's hair only seems to grow on the bottom of her head in the back. Perhaps she is destined to have a mullet. In another development, she seems to have learned how to give a fleeting and easy smile. It is quite the reward after several months of sleep deprivation.

Elena grows so quickly! Some days she resembles a Magnusson through and through, and then other days she is a carbon copy Barton. She managed to roll over a bit today, but I think it was on accident because she then spit up some of her breakfast and started to wimper. At 3 months she is a huge fan of lights, bright colors, and faces. She discovered a baby staring back at her in a mirror one day and her life has never been the same. One morning was especially exciting as she became enthralled with watching the snow flakes fall to the ground.

Lately she enjoys "talking" to us. Ammon and I will have a conversation and soon we will have little sighs and gurgles, complete with conversational fluctuation. I often wonder if we sound like the adults in Charlie Brown to her. ("whaaa whaaaa wahhh...")

No comments:

Post a Comment