Saturday, January 16, 2010

Just Sleep On It



At 4.5 months Elena seems to enjoy her naps but she will usually put up a fuss before she goes down. We have discovered the loveliness of rocking chairs and real cribs. For four months, in order to soothe Elena, Ammon or I would sit on the edge of a bed and rock back and forth. My mom bought us a white rocking chair that she found at Cracker Barrel and it is divine! To help her sleep, we turn on her white noise maker. We have chosen the option of "heartbeat" and sometimes lay her down on one of my shirts so she can smell me.

Lately her quiet sighing has been masked by her morphing into an incubus of infection, otherwise known as her first cold. I have been told that it is remarkable she has lasted this long without being sick in the winter time, and she doesn't actually seem to bothered by her condition. I, on the other hand, am a different story. It is difficult to watch her struggle to breathe, have red eyes and a swollen little nose. I think this is harder on me than on her. We have added a vaporizer to her nightly routine now.

No comments:

Post a Comment